Thursday, July 4, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Before this week's Throwback Thursday post, I wanted to remind you about Sweet & Simple Saturday!

Don't forget to come on over and grab your freebie! :)

And now...

This linky party is meant to highlight some of your previous blog posts. Here is a throwback for you for classroom management from August 2, 2011 (WOW, that was long ago!)!

*****************ORIGINAL POST*****************

Like any teacher, I LOVE when my students make smart choices. I believe in rewarding students at random so they do not always expect a reward for doing something they probably should be doing anyway. I have always given out random rewards (like pencils, pens, treats, special privileges, etc.). I decided to make it a little more formal and create a "SMART Choice" bucket.

(With frogs, of course!) The container is not very big at all (you probably can't tell from the picture); it's only about 7 inches tall.


Right now I only have what is left over from the treasure box I used for the Summer Technology Camp I taught in back in June. I plan on hitting up The Dollar Tree, Target, and Wal-Mart to restock with items such as pencils, erasers, pens, stickers, and small toys in order to keep it simple.

I am going to implement Beth Newingham's classroom economy system for my homeroom class, so the SMART Choice bucket will be a little added bonus. My other 2 classes will only use the SMART Choice bucket.

*****************END ORIGINAL POST*****************


I have updated the labels freebie so it now includes 22 labels!!






Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing this again with us! Stop by for my Throwback Thursday post plus a FREEBIE!

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Rebecca! Heading to your blog now!!

      Delete
  2. So cute. I printed 3 cute new labels for my treat box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete