Monday, July 29, 2013

Math Bins MAKEOVER!



So one of my first grade BFFFFs texted me a picture of some BEAUTIFUL storage drawers from Walmart the other day...


My classroom theme is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, so I knew I MUST have some of them!! The orange is perfect! I decided to get rid of my blue math bins...

I love the color of the blue bins but they do not really match the rest of my classroom. And while I was changing things up, I also decided that I needed better labels for all of the bins. (Originally, the kids would go to a numbered bin during math stations and complete that activity. I decided midway through the year last year to keep daily activities elsewhere and use the drawers for math station games/supplies storage since the amount of games and supplies is ever-increasing.) Anywho, I did it! I bought 2 orange bins and switched them with the blue! I also made my cute little labels and this is what it now looks like:

Did you notice the drawer with no label????? I don't have a clue what happened to it!! For whatever reason, it did not make it to my classroom with the others! I guess I'll do that one tomorrow...


These drawers store partner games for Word Work (Daily 5) and daubers (Do-a-Dots).






I LOOOOOVE my orange bins!!! Love, love, love!! :) I would love to switch out the white bins with pink ones so my room is even more CCBB, but I haven't ever seen any that color. Let me know if you do! :)

I also made labels over the weekend for my math manipulatives:


I printed them last night, cut them out, and was able to adhere them to my containers today! If you follow me on Instagram, you've already peeked at them!



If you are interested in the labels, click on either of the product pics to check them out in my TPT store. They are available for the very low price of $1.75!

So excited for all of this cuteness!! :) Can't wait to catch up on Monday Made It and see what YOU have made!

6 comments:

  1. Love the labels! I like how you organize the centers by drawers!

    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo cute! What did you use to adhere them to the buckets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is looking great!!!

    I love how you keep things organized

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have some pink storage drawers on sale at Target for $10.99 this week. I bought 2 blue ones, that look just like the ones you got rid of, and a black one. Hopefully your Target isn't sold out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute labels!! I like the bins too and the way they fit under your SMARTboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good news is that you blogger exchange goodies are in the mail! Watch for your package on Monday or Tuesday! The bad news is that I forgot to put the card in the box! So, your goodies are from me and I hope that you enjoy them!
    Your Exchange Buddy,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete