Thursday, August 8, 2013

READ.

Summer is so so close to being over!! My mind is now realizing this because it has been RACING and making me do all sorts of stuff! And since I have so much to do, my mind has also been focused on fun things that are not so important, like decorating my classroom more and more and MORE! I'm sure you can relate. :P

Today, I went to Michaels to pick up some fabric to recover my crate seats (which, by the way, helped me learn that Michaels DOESN'T sell fabric). While I was there, I RANDOMLY had an idea to make a READ sign for my library. I picked out all of the materials and started on it a few hours ago. But I will get to that in a minute.

First, my crate seats!!


LOVE my new fabric that did NOT come from Michaels (not bitter at all). Hope you saw my Instagram video about them! :)

Next up, my sweet little 3-year-old and I made some canvas paintings for her playroom (she actually did the painting!):

This was a fun, easy project that only involved a canvas, acrylic paint, and letter stickers!

Finally, here is the random READ sign I made for my classroom instead of working on curriculum!:

Just used 12 x 12 canvas, Mod Podge, paintbrushes, ribbon, and scrapbook paper. I cut the paper into 3 x 3 squares...

...and Mod Podged it to the canvas. I then added ribbon to cover lines by stapling it to the back and Mod Podging it to the canvas.

Made some letters on my trusty, one and only came-with-it cartridge on my Cricut, and Mod Podged them to the canvas.

Ta-da!!! I love how it turned out and can't wait to put it up!!

Hope you enjoyed my projects!! Have a terrific Thursday!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like way more fun than curriculum...great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely lovin your stuff! Thanks for sharing!
    The READ letters are my fave. My library might need some!
    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love kids' art. She must be so proud to see her work hanging up. it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Keep creating those wonderful things for your classroom! It's good for your heart and soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm recovering my crates, too! Last year's theme was oceans, this year's theme is sports...definitely need an update! I've bought the fabric, but that's as far as I've gotten on this project!

    If anyone is interested in step-by-step directions for the crates I have some up on my blog that I put up last year.

    Kristine White
    http://tearlessteaching.blogspot.com/2012/08/seat-crates.html

    ReplyDelete