Thursday, August 1, 2013

Making Sentences With Sight Words

Time to start prepping materials for the new school year, right?! I have been busy making a few things here and there and printing/laminating. I've been trying to finish up all of the abandoned projects I have, too, such as this one below:


I've had this activity for a while and even used it in my classroom for a few months. I wanted to give it a makeover before I shared it with you all because when I prepared the activity for my class I literally threw it together in about 10 minutes late one night! It just needed a little facelift! I finally sat down last night and got it all finished!

Simple game--students will use sight word cards to make sentences. Then, they write their sentence using a marker for the sight words used. On the lower level recording sheet, students will illustrate the sentence. Last year, one of my kids actually suggested that I make this game so of course I had to make it for him! :)  Here is a little preview: 




I plan on using this activity as a Word Work station in Daily 5. You can check out the activity by clicking below:


2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool I just checked it out! You could really use the recording sheet with any sight words!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete