Sunday, July 27, 2014

QR Code Investigation: Penguins

During the winter season, my class did a penguins unit--we studied penguins, but we also learned about finding the main idea, inferencing, informational text, research, etc. I posted about it back in January.


My entire class was involved in the penguin study; I also made a special investigation activity for my GT students to complete. I briefly mentioned the project back when I posted about our penguin unit. Now, I am ready to share it with the world!


I created this QR Code activity to use as an extension for my GT students. My students completed it in partners, though it could also be an independent activity. In the activity, students have a booklet with questions to answer about penguins:

To answer the questions, students must scan a corresponding QR code:
The QR code takes them to a website with text or video for them to read/view, so students must be readers to complete the activity (OR have a partner or teacher for reading assistance).

Here is a sneak peek of some of the pages:

My kids had such a blast with this activity!! So much so, that I had to make another one for them! I'll be posting that one later on in the week. Here is a little hint what the topic is:


Enjoy this product for 20% off, today only!
Happy Sunday to you! :)




1 comment:

  1. My students LOVE QR codes!!! :) such an easy and fun way to spruce up an activity!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete