Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Guided Math: Basic Number Sense

This latest labor of love is one that I plan on using in my own classroom. It is something that I have needed!

During guided math groups, I oftentimes needed a quick review/intervention activity to get groups started or to even use in whole group. Instead of having to come up with one on the fly, I now have a resource that targets standards and is easy to pull from (more intentional):

The teacher portion of the activity consists of a few recording sheets and activity cards.
The cards can be easily stored in the guided math bucket/supply caddy.


The record sheets can be hole-punched and placed in a binder or can be clipped to a clipboard.

And the best part is.....


...this product is TEKS and CCSS aligned! I usually don't do that to my products, but decided that since most people are looking for standard-specific products, I might as well jump on the bandwagon and make it easier for them. I am in Texas so we don't (and never will) use CCSS, so I also included the TEKS for my home state peeps.

My goal is to make an activity pack for every domain covered in elementary, starting with K-2 first and then moving on to 3-5...we will see how that goes and when I can get that finished!! :)

In the meantime, click below to check this one out:





1 comment:

  1. I would love to see your 3-5 one when you make it. This one looks great!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete