Friday, July 27, 2012

Black boxes and blurriness ever happen to you???

Has this ever been you???????

I know that is the last thing you want to see when you have just spent your hard-earned money on a product!! For several weeks now, I have received 1-2 emails per day from different people who have purchased my products and are experiencing this very problem. Most of you have been SO nice and patient (and I totally appreciate that!!). I have also received some nasty emails/messages about this. :( Don't worry, I'm over it. ;)

So, what does this mean?? Time for a simple tutorial!!! :)

You may want to start by updating your Adobe Reader, which is f-r-e-e, as Adobe recommends.

Right-click on the PDF you want to open and then click on "Open with Adobe Reader" (whatever version you have).
You can also go to "Open with..." and choose the program from there.


When you choose the program this way, you may want to check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" so it will remember for future documents.

That should solve your problem! If you are using a Mac, the steps are virtually the same. Go to File, Open with... and choose Adobe Reader and NOT preview!! Hope this helps you out!!! :)

16 comments:

  1. I have had this problem a lot! But, I am on an iPad so I figured that was why. I just figured I would have to wait until I was back at school on a computer.

    http://fourthgradefeedingfrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figured the same as you on the ipad! I usually send it to Dropbox on my ipad and view it from Dropbox on my computer.

      Delete
  2. OMG The very first item I ever purchased from TpT was from you and this happened! I think I sent you a message (but I totally wasn't mean! I swear)! Another thing you can do is upload the file to google docs and it opens perfectly fine! That's usually what I do because I store everything on Google Docs anyway so I can access at home and school :) PS Got your e-mail-- I'll be responding shortly :)
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm sure you weren't one of the mean ones! Glad you got it figured out--thanks for sharing that tip!!!

      Delete
  3. Love,love, love your products and your blogs! Can you tell me when you will make math stations for grade 3?? Would this Mega Pack be of benefit to my grade? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am currently working on a 3-5 math pack! I wouldn't recommend the K-2 one for you unless you were interested in using the activities for remediation. The activities will be below most of your students. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe people were mean to you about this! I mean it tells you exactly what the problem in on the page where you download your stuff from TPT.
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen that on TPT! I love that they did that. I don't think TN does, but maybe they will eventually. Oh, well--as the kids say, shake the haters off! ;)

      Delete
  5. So sorry people were mean to you! I just figured it was my computer. Thank you for the walkthrough tutorial. I look forward to future posts


    www.kindnesscountsinkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hollie! And you're right--kindness DOES count, lol!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much, I just figured it was a Mac problem. So I just use my home computer (pc) to download from certain people-it's kinda crazy so I VERY much appreciate your help!!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very frustrated when this started happening to me. I saw something on TPT that helped me figure out the problem. Phew. It was such a relief. It is too bad that some people didn't troubleshoot and got angry about it. :(

    Angi
    ★ First-Graders from Outer Space ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I am glad that there is such an easy fix for it though--that makes it a little easier! :)

      Delete
  8. I updated my Adobe Reader and still had wavy line problems. I too have a Mac. I truly like your pocket measuring idea and wanted to use it. I have downloaded other items and not had this problem and am a bit frustrated. Any more ideas?

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not working?? Hmmm.....be sure you have selected open with Adobe Reader and not Adobe Preview as Macs may have that as the default program. Check that and email me if you still have problems--froggycupcakes@gmail.com--and I will be glad to help you beyond that and/or email files. Thanks, Jamie! Sorry you are having such issues!

      Delete