Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Alberto the Dancing Alligator

Well...I have started working much harder on preparing for the upcoming school year (especially since I have to start from scratch!) because summer is ALMOST OVER!!! :(

So far this summer, my 2-year-old and I have visited the library several times. A few times ago, we checked out a random alligator book because we had been talking about the letter A and alligators, and she really likes animals. The book was Alberto the Dancing Alligator, one I had never heard of before (click on the picture to head over to Amazon to check it out).

Alberto the Dancing Alligator
It ended up being a really cute little book! It's about a little girl and her pet alligator, Alberto, that both love to dance. One day while dancing in the bathroom, Alberto slipped, fell in the toilet and got flushed down to the sewer! (And don't worry, no gross toilet nonsense in this book.) The rest of the book describes his adventure under the city and how he makes it back home. I had to read it to her a bajillion times, of course, so now I also know it pretty well! Anyway, I ended up making a few activities to go along with the book for bigger kids but first, I'll show you my sweet little girl's alligators that she made!!:

Aren't they soooo cute?!? I'm not biased or anything. ;)


ANYWAY, I put together a little pack of activities that are appropriate for 1st-2nd and maybe 3rd graders. Here is the one of the writing activities included in the pack:

 And here is a sample page from the pack:



Head over to one of my stores to check out the rest of it!!
Be one of the first 4 people to comment (with an email address) and get a FREE copy of the pack!

I hope you like it!! :)

21 comments:

  1. It looks so cute!!!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Be sure to check your email! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It is absolutely wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Love it!

    Beth
    rezitla2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super cute!
    Krista
    kristaveitch@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love finding new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!

    Christina
    prec0ci0us@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences as a first grade teacher! Why couldn't I have had a teacher like you growing up??? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo cute! You are so creative. I love how you made the character web. Thanks for sharing!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute book...Love your ideas! too bad I wasn't the one of the first four...
    seward509@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Be sure to check your email! :)

    ReplyDelete