Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have been B-U-S-Y

My school district does some pretty awesome things from time to time. We have an AMAZING Technology department that works so hard to ensure that teachers have the technology we need and want. They also want to provide as many opportunities as they can for students to learn how to use technology and create things with it. For the past 3 years my district has put on a "Summer Technology Camp" for our students. The camps are 4 hours a day for 1 week . Camp is 2 weeks long so, essentially, the students can enroll in up to 4 camps for the summer--that's a lot of learning! BONUS: The camps are held at a local college campus so the students get to experience being in college!! (They really enjoy that aspect.) There are several different topics including Rainforests, Lego Robotics, Oceans, and Rockets. The students gain experience in several programs including Microsoft Office, Movie Maker, Kidspiration, Tagxedo, etc.

Anywho, THAT being said...I've been teaching camp for the past 2 weeks, which is what has kept be soooo busy! The camp I taught was Creating Public Service Announcements. My students picked a cause they cared about, established a fake organization, made business cards, a poster, a bookmark, and information book to pass out, AND a commercial. Check out my pictures and compilation of their commercials! I can't show you the whole videos because of privacy reasons, but I was able to chop them and put them all together into one video for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!


Just a note....the main goal is understanding, not spelling and grammar. I did my best to catch it all BUT it is what it is! :D



Here are the posters and circle books they made.






Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I like the idea of having technology camps over the summer. We just don't have enough time during the school year to get everything "technology" done that I would like to get done. I may have to look into starting that at our school....
    Lights! Camera! Action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the circle books! Cool idea! Can you give some more information about how your students created those?
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete