Sunday, March 11, 2012

Belated Seussy Project

Here is one of the Seussy projects my class did a few weeks ago! They were challenged with the task of creating the next Seuss super star (a little competition for The Cat in the Hat)! The only rule was that it had to rhyme. Here is what they came up with:









Possible extension activities:
  • Create a class book of the fun new characters.
  • Write and illustrate your character's first book!
  • Write a persuasive letter to Dr. Seuss describing why the new character is worthy of being published.
What other extension ideas do you have?? Post below!

5 comments:

  1. Love their ideas! I like your extension ideas, too. Very creative! How about writing a story where their character interacts with the Cat in the Hat? Or maybe they could compare and contrast their character with a Dr. Seuss character of their choice. They could also describe the character traits of their newly created character.
    I really enjoy your blog and all your ideas. I have a blog, too. Check it out, if you are interested.
    http://smalladventuresofthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I can't wait to try it next year with my class. Your kids are so creative. I am your newest follower. Please come check out my blog when you get a chance.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!


    ✰Amber
    Sparkles, Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded your blog a Top 10 blog - I just love reading your posts!! Come over and see!

    Abby
    msalleysclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janaye, I love your Seuss idea!!! So creative... I also wanted to give you a little award like Abby. Hop on over to my blog to receive it!!! Congrats!

    Andrea
    One Teacher's Take

    ReplyDelete