Sunday, September 25, 2011

Math/Science Notebooking Part 4

Part 4 of this series is dedicated to assessing notebooks/journals. I give a notebook grade at least once every 6 weeks. I feel that it is important to not only ensure that students are following directions and organizing their journals in the same way the teacher is, but also to certify that the information in the notebook is accurate (for future reference). This task could become rather cumbersome with my 50-60 students. To make the notebooks easier to assess, motivate my students a little more, and avoid being subjective in grading, I developed a rubric. (I haven't formally used a notebook rubric one in the past so I am excited to get to use one this year!) Feel free to download your free copy of each rubric by clicking on the picture:


19 comments:

  1. Great share! Now I have the framework for a science one :)


    Thanks!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about how (and how often) I was going to go about grading my students' math notebooks. Thank you so much for offering this for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Definitely an important piece of using the notebooks correctly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! I love the rubrics!!

    -Becky
    Lesson plans & Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this great rubric. I have graded about 20 of my 60 Math notebooks for the first marking period. 40 to go in a week....... YIKES. I'm wondering what your system is for grading them? I am planning on doing it quarterly, with each marking period.

    Thank you! Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! I love the rubrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanx for the rubric. i shared my thoughts on grading math notebooks on my blog. {oh and a link to you and your rubric as well!!!}

    the ravings of a crazy 6th grad teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I love your maths notebooks - they're fantastic! I was just wondering how I can access your rubric because the link to your store doesn't have them?? Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Feeling very inspired to start them with my 5th grade class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering how to see your rubric?? Can you email it to me? The link to your store doesn't show them??? OR maybe I just can not find them! :( HELP!! :) Thanks!

    Sknepp@Loogootee.k12.in.us

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great rubrics for Math and Science notebooks. This way kids know what is expected.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't seem to open the rubrics. Is there something special to do?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't access these either. Can you repost a link or e-mail them?

    brittany.argall@wilsonschoolsnc.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great rubrics! I'll definitely be using these in my class! What font did you use for the title? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finding these awesome rubrics and love them. I am not able to open the links for them is there anyway you could send a link or the items? Fergusonal@lcsedu.net

    ReplyDelete