Sunday, September 11, 2011

Math Magic Tricks

Isn't math just fascinating?? The way numbers work is just mind-boggling to me. I LOVE it! Ever done those little tricks, like pick a number, do this, this, and this to it and it will always equal this?? (It makes me wonder WHO IN THE WORLD had time and energy to sit there and figure those out.) Well, I took a few that I've come across and put them together as a task card center. The activity will be great to use for fast finishers or enrichment.

Download your free copy from my Teacher's Notebook store by clicking on the button below!


  1. I play a game with my students called "Your Teacher Is A Genius" and use some of these math "tricks" with them when we need a quick fill in. I don't tell them the trick or repeat it. It is fun for them to try to prove I am not a "genius." LOL

  2. I'm having trouble inputting my email address to follow you. :-( I'm curious as to what math series you use in your fifth grade classroom.

    Your site is fantastic!!! I look forward to your posts and your creative ideas!