2 weeks in a row I am sharing my plans with you--WHOA. Here are some things I am looking forward to this week:
- Veterans Day craft--it's going to be cute!
- Teaching two more suffixes
- Doing the Cha Cha Slide in science
- Math Stations take 2--take 1 was not so hot.
- A NEW POEM!! We all LOOOVE poetry!
- Teaching in 1/2 groups for phonics and reading instead of whole group and then small group
- Spelling on tactile boards
- I am off on Friday! Of course, this is more work in the long run for me because I have to plan for a sub, but at least I get to enjoy the day! :)
I mentioned spelling on tactile boards for handwriting. Letter practice that involves touch allows the brain to remember motor patterns, so, on a daily basis, we get to have fun AND learn how to form letters at the same time. Basically, I have about 10 minutes designated for handwriting instruction (NOT a lot of time!) so I need materials that I can take out and put away fast and easy. Sometimes we will break out sand, rice, or shaving cream, but on a daily basis, we will use these:
Don't look too closely, lol. Glue is everywhere and lines are crooked!
This is the best/model felt board. I made these by gluing felt onto poster board and ribbon for the lines. All were glued using spray adhesive.
I also have foam, felt, and glitter sheets on which to form letters--easy peasy!
I made this especially for my class this week. I am excited to use it!! You can check it out/pick it up below:
ANNNNND it is on sale for today and Monday only!! :)
What are you up to this week??