Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cool, New Find

I'm sure you have seen these cubes before and it is nothing new to you but since I just jumped back on the primary grade boat, I consider it a fun, new find!!




I picked up these cubes the other day at Mardel because they were fairly cheap and cute/fun. I plan on adding these to our ever-expanding word work activity library. I made the following activity to go along with the cubes. In the following activity, students will roll a blend die, write the blend down, and then write down words that start with that blend.

Students will follow the same procedure for the word family dice (except, of course, the words will not start with what is rolled). 


In this game, students will practice their decoding skills by rolling 1 blend die and 1 word family die to make a word. After reading the word, they will decide if it is real or nonsense and then write it in the appropriate column.
I have added these activities to my Google Docs so that you can use them too! :)

Speaking of which, what is going on Docs now?? When I try to embed a document into a blog post the preview looks all funky and no longer has a hyperlink to the site (even after resizing it). No hyperlink = no way for you to download the file. This does not please me. Anyone else notice this problem?? Am I going to have to go back and fix ALL of the files I have ever embedded so that people are still able to access them??!? >:(


Also, don't forget to leave your email to win my newest pack, Odd and Even Numbers! Click on the picture to find the giveaway post.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebie! I will make my own dice and use it with my intervention groups! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY welcome! It's a good thing that making your own dice is very easy! ;)

      Delete
  2. I just bought 2 packages of blank sponge dice from Lakeshore and wanted to make my own game like this, thank you for the freebies you just cut my work time in half!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is my lucky day! This is soooooo cute! Thank you for sharing as a freebie!

    ReplyDelete