Wednesday, July 6, 2011

10 Things About Me!

Join the linky party hosted by fellow 4th grade blogger, Mrs. Owens, by clicking here! What fun! You'll even get a freebie.


10. I'm a nerd! I've accepted it. I'm into highlighters, technology, science, math, reading, learning, organizers, random facts--anything academic. I love sudoku, brain games, mental math, and dictionaries.

9. I'm a Grammar Nazi. I can't help but judge anything I read. Sorry! I will rarely call people on it though.

8. It almost makes me cry sometimes when I  think about not ever seeing a new episode of Friends or Will & Grace again. I miss great sitcoms...

7. I'm so ADD and OCD. Ask my husband how fun I am to live with :D

6. The following verses best describe my life and my work ethic: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17 and "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Colossians 3:23.  

5. I'm terrified of bees, wasps and snakes. (In fact, I won't allow flowers to be planted in my yard because the bees will come!!) That being said, I thoroughly enjoy reading about and learning about snakes. Odd? I know.

4. I could eat chicken noodle soup for every meal, every day and never tire of it.

3. I love to c-r-e-a-t-e. I am very crafty and love visiting Hobby Lobby and Michaels, but never have time to do much!

2. I never wear make-up. In fact, I don't even own any. I wouldn't know what to get or where to even start!

1. I have been learning SO much and have really stepped up my game as a teacher since discovering the world of blogging (which also happened to be the same time I started grad school). I think I have grown more in the last 6 months than in my 4 years of teaching combined. (Don't get me wrong, I have learned and grown during those 4 years but not as rapid a pace as I have this year). THANK YOU to all my bloggy friends. You have helped me be the best teacher I can be.

7 comments:

  1. We have so much in common!! I'm ADD and OCD and drive my hubs nuts:) I totally love the scripture you quoted...I try to live that daily as well:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome top 10. :-)
    Love those verses in your #6.

    misst4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your #1! Thanks for linking up!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on #9 and it KILLS me when I see a typo/mistake of my own somewhere. Spelling mistakes on restaurant menus will actually make me want to leave!

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are twins separated at birth! So MANY of your comments apply to me! I think our husbands would have quite a lot to chat about..lol.
    I am a new follower thanks to the linky party! Stop by my blog, follow me & find out about my 200 follower giveaway :o)
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! So, I think we are long lost sisters! I even have that verse as part of my email signature! Here's to my ADD/OCD, long lost sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool to know I have sisters I've never met!!! Good to know I'm not the only one this "unique" in the world, haha! :D

    ReplyDelete